闡明會議主要議題(Staring a presentation gracefully)
這時主持人可從獨特的觀點(unusual angle)簡述演講的內容。
o Let’s start by looking at this agreement.
= We are here today to look at this agreement.
(咱們先看這份協議。)
o Why don’t we first go over the contract?
(讓我們先看看這份合約吧。)
o Before I begin, I would just like to mention that our department has achieved our sales quota this month.
(在我開始之前,我想提一下本部門此月已達銷售業績。)
o First I’d like to say a few words about this research proposal.
(首先我想說一下這份研究提案。)
o Today, I shall be dealing with the final arrangement of this joint venture.
= Our main goal today is to deal with the final arrangement of this joint venture.
(今天我將處理這樁合資案的最後協議。)
o I’m here to tell you about the full contents of marketing strategy.
= I have called this meeting in order to tell you about the full contents of marketing strategy.
(在此我要告訴你們有關市場策略的所有內涵。)
o I plan to say a few words about this report.
(我計劃要談一點這份報告。)
o I’m going to talk about the corporate social responsibility today.
(今天我將談論有關企業社會責任的議題。)
o The subject of my talk is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The theme of my presentation is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The topic of my speech is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The field of my lecture is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
(我的演講題目是企業的永續經營。)
o I would like to give you an overview of international business.
(我想讓你們對國際企業有個概括的認識。)
o I’ve divided my talk into three parts.
= My talk will be in three sections.
(我的演講題目將分成三個部份。)
單字解析
agreement (n):協議、同意
New Zealand’s prime minister will sign a groundbreaking free trade agreement with Vietnam.
(紐西蘭總理將與越南簽訂一項開創性自由貿易協定。)
joint venture (ph.):合資企業、創投公司
A joint venture (often abbreviated JV) is an entity formed between two or more parties to undertake economic activity together.
(合資企業(常縮寫成JV)是指由兩個或以上的單位所組成的一個實體,以共同從事經濟活動。)
corporate social responsibility (ph.):企業社會責任
Company should align corporate social responsibility strategy to business objectives.
(公司應該將企業社會責任策略與企業目標相結合。)
talk = presentation = lecture = speech:演講、演說
deal with (ph.) 處理、應付
This little girl has learnt to deal with all kinds of complicated situations.
(這位小女孩已經學會處理各種複雜的情況。)
The article deals with an important concept.
(這篇文章處理一個重要的概念。)
演講時間的說法如下
o My talk will take about twenty minutes.
(我的演講約20分鐘。)
o The presentation will take about two and half hours, but there will be a twenty minute coffee break in the middle.
(我的演講是2個半小時,但中場會有20分鐘的休息時間。)
o We’ll stop for lunch at 12 o’clock.
(演講12點結束,並可用餐。)
摘自五南文化事業機構出版《商用英文:最佳商務往來溝通藝術》
(//www.dajiyuan.com)