Zina: My accounts go where I go. Vince knows that.
吉娜: 我到哪里,客戶就跟到哪。文斯知道的。
Dave: Wow. You are a real snake.
戴夫: 哇。你真狡猾。
Zina: It’s business, Dave.
吉娜: 這是生意經,戴夫。
Dave: I know, I know. Kill, or die, right?
戴夫: 我知道,我知道。不是殺人就是被殺,對吧?
Zina: Right. The 1) faint of heart should not 2) apply.
吉娜: 沒錯。絕對不可以顯得膽小。
Dave: I really feel sorry for that rhumba boy if he ever 3) identifies himself.
戴夫: 若那個倫巴男孩現身,我還真會替他感到難過。
Zina: So do I.
吉娜: 我也是。
語言詳解
A: She applied so much make-up to her face that I don’t recognize her anymore.
她在臉上用了好多化妝品,我都認不出她來了。
B: I thought she was wearing a mask.
我還以為她戴了面具呢。
【So do I. 我也是。】
談話中對方提到某種想法或動作,而你要表示同感時常會用到這個句型,要注意助動詞do要置於主詞 I 之前。類似的句型還有So am I.也表示“我也是”。
使用So do I 或So am I 取決於對方是否使用be動詞,使用be 動詞則用So am I,其他動詞則用So do I. 。
A: I want to find out where John is.
我想要找出約翰到底在哪里。
B: So do I.
我也是。
A: I’m anxious to know if I’m admitted to the college.
我急於想知道我是否被那所大學錄取了。
B: So am I.
我也是。
1) faint of heart 心生畏懼
2) apply (v.) 適用,運用
3) identify oneself 表明身分