Zina: I’m not cheap.
吉娜: 我可不便宜。
Vince: I’m prepared to increase your 1) stake to three percent.
文斯: 我準備把你的股份增加至百分之三。
Zina: I’ve sold more 2) subscriptions to InfoKing in one week than you 3) expected me to sell in a month.
吉娜: 我一星期內所賣出資訊王的訂閱數,就比你期望的月業績要高了。
Vince: I know you’re good, Zina. You know how much three percent could be 4) worth, don’t you?
文斯: 我知道你很厲害,吉娜。你知道百分之三值多少錢,對吧?
Zina: Vince, I’m better than good. I’m the best. I want four percent.
吉娜: 文斯,我比厲害還要厲害。我是最棒的。我要百分之四。
Vince: Three-and-a-half.
文斯: 百分之三點五。
Zina: Done.
吉娜: 成交。
語言詳解
A: I expect you to follow all the rules.
我希望你遵所有的規則。
B: Yes, ma’am!
遵命,夫人!
【subscription to 訂閱】
subscription 或其動詞subscribe 後面都要用介係詞to才等於中文的訂閱,例如:
I renew my subscription to Time Express.
我續訂《時代雜誌中文版》。
A:Many of my friends subscribe to the evening newspaper.
我的許多朋友訂了那家晚報。
B:Why?
為什麼?
A:Only because they want the free Teddy Bear.
只因為他們想要免費的熊寶寶。
1) stake (n.) 股份
2) subscription (n.) 訂閱
3) expect (v.) 期待
4) worth (a.) 值得的
文章來源 : 旺旺英語 //www.wwenglish.com