Vince: I want to 1) offer you more InfoKing stock options.
文斯: 我要提供你資訊王的認股權。
Zina: When you hired me, you knew you were going to be low on cash, didn’t you?
吉娜: 你在僱用我的當時,就知道你會缺現金,對吧?
Vince: Let me explain. To get more cash, I’ll have to borrow more from Vikam, the 2) venture 3) capitalists.
文斯: 容我解釋。為了要有更多現金,我就得跟投資我們的維康創投借更多的錢。
Zina: I know how it works. You don’t want to give away any more of your future 4) profits than you have to.
吉娜: 我知道這種運作方式。除非萬不得已,你不會想把更多未來的利潤拱手讓人。
Vince: Exactly. Instead of 5) increasing their 6) position, I want to increase yours.
文斯: 正是。我不增加他們的股權,反倒要增加你的。
語言詳解
A: I’m going to offer you a position in our sales department.
我要提供我們業務部的一個職位給你。
B: Thank you.
謝謝您。
【I know how it works. 我知道規矩。】
這裡的work不是指「工作」,而是指「事物運作的道理與規範」,類似於行規的概念:
A:I am afraid we are going to have to fire you.
我恐怕我們得要開除你了。
B:It’s OK, I know how it works. You just don’t like me.
沒關係,我知道行規。你就是看不慣我。
【give away 送掉】
give away 這個短語看起來很簡單,不過有許多常用的意思,對話中所用到的give away 是指「贈送」。
A: Why did you give your bicycle away?
你為何把你的腳踏車送掉了?
B: It’s too old. I want to get a new one anyway.
那台太老了。反正我要換新的。
1) offer (v.) 提供
2) venture (n.) 具冒險性的事業
3) capitalist (n.) 出資者,金主,capital 是「資金」。
4) profit (n.) 利潤
5) increase (v.) 增加
6) position (n.) 地位,此指「股權」。
文章來源 : 旺旺英語 //www.wwenglish.com