阐明会议主要议题(Staring a presentation gracefully)
这时主持人可从独特的观点(unusual angle)简述演讲的内容。
o Let’s start by looking at this agreement.
= We are here today to look at this agreement.
(咱们先看这份协议。)
o Why don’t we first go over the contract?
(让我们先看看这份合约吧。)
o Before I begin, I would just like to mention that our department has achieved our sales quota this month.
(在我开始之前,我想提一下本部门此月已达销售业绩。)
o First I’d like to say a few words about this research proposal.
(首先我想说一下这份研究提案。)
o Today, I shall be dealing with the final arrangement of this joint venture.
= Our main goal today is to deal with the final arrangement of this joint venture.
(今天我将处理这桩合资案的最后协议。)
o I’m here to tell you about the full contents of marketing strategy.
= I have called this meeting in order to tell you about the full contents of marketing strategy.
(在此我要告诉你们有关市场策略的所有内涵。)
o I plan to say a few words about this report.
(我计划要谈一点这份报告。)
o I’m going to talk about the corporate social responsibility today.
(今天我将谈论有关企业社会责任的议题。)
o The subject of my talk is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The theme of my presentation is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The topic of my speech is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
= The field of my lecture is the sustainable development of an enterprise.
(我的演讲题目是企业的永续经营。)
o I would like to give you an overview of international business.
(我想让你们对国际企业有个概括的认识。)
o I’ve divided my talk into three parts.
= My talk will be in three sections.
(我的演讲题目将分成三个部分。)
单字解析
agreement (n):协议、同意
New Zealand’s prime minister will sign a groundbreaking free trade agreement with Vietnam.
(纽西兰总理将与越南签订一项开创性自由贸易协定。)
joint venture (ph.):合资企业、创投公司
A joint venture (often abbreviated JV) is an entity formed between two or more parties to undertake economic activity together.
(合资企业(常缩写成JV)是指由两个或以上的单位所组成的一个实体,以共同从事经济活动。)
corporate social responsibility (ph.):企业社会责任
Company should align corporate social responsibility strategy to business objectives.
(公司应该将企业社会责任策略与企业目标相结合。)
talk = presentation = lecture = speech:演讲、演说
deal with (ph.) 处理、应付
This little girl has learnt to deal with all kinds of complicated situations.
(这位小女孩已经学会处理各种复杂的情况。)
The article deals with an important concept.
(这篇文章处理一个重要的概念。)
演讲时间的说法如下
o My talk will take about twenty minutes.
(我的演讲约20分钟。)
o The presentation will take about two and half hours, but there will be a twenty minute coffee break in the middle.
(我的演讲是2个半小时,但中场会有20分钟的休息时间。)
o We’ll stop for lunch at 12 o’clock.
(演讲12点结束,并可用餐。)
摘自五南文化事业机构出版《商用英文:最佳商务往来沟通艺术》
(//www.dajiyuan.com)