Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn’t she?
艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?
Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I’m learning so much from her.
玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。
Elvin: What’s it like to work with her?
艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?
Mary: She’s 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。
Elvin: Tell me about it.
艾文: 这还用说。
Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。
Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
艾文: 文斯要我们把程式错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。
语言详解
A: Your mother is so demanding!
你妈妈的要求真高!
B: That’s what my dad always says.
我爸爸也总是这么说。
【around the clock 日以继夜】
由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。
A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?
B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。
A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。
B: You’re right.
你说对了。
1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。
2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程式中的错误。