Zina: My accounts go where I go. Vince knows that.
吉娜: 我到哪里,客户就跟到哪。文斯知道的。
Dave: Wow. You are a real snake.
戴夫: 哇。你真狡猾。
Zina: It’s business, Dave.
吉娜: 这是生意经,戴夫。
Dave: I know, I know. Kill, or die, right?
戴夫: 我知道,我知道。不是杀人就是被杀,对吧?
Zina: Right. The 1) faint of heart should not 2) apply.
吉娜: 没错。绝对不可以显得胆小。
Dave: I really feel sorry for that rhumba boy if he ever 3) identifies himself.
戴夫: 若那个伦巴男孩现身,我还真会替他感到难过。
Zina: So do I.
吉娜: 我也是。
语言详解
A: She applied so much make-up to her face that I don’t recognize her anymore.
她在脸上用了好多化妆品,我都认不出她来了。
B: I thought she was wearing a mask.
我还以为她戴了面具呢。
【So do I. 我也是。】
谈话中对方提到某种想法或动作,而你要表示同感时常会用到这个句型,要注意助动词do要置于主词 I 之前。类似的句型还有So am I.也表示“我也是”。
使用So do I 或So am I 取决于对方是否使用be动词,使用be 动词则用So am I,其他动词则用So do I. 。
A: I want to find out where John is.
我想要找出约翰到底在哪里。
B: So do I.
我也是。
A: I’m anxious to know if I’m admitted to the college.
我急于想知道我是否被那所大学录取了。
B: So am I.
我也是。
1) faint of heart 心生畏惧
2) apply (v.) 适用,运用
3) identify oneself 表明身份