Zina: How do you get paid? 1) If you don’t mind my asking.
吉娜: 你是怎么算薪水的?若你不介意我问的话。
Dave: Not cash. But if our 2) launch goes well, my stock options will pay off, big time.
戴夫: 不是现金。但要是我们上市的情况很好,我的股票期权可就值大钱了。
Zina: And in the meantime, how do you pay the rent?
吉娜: 那这段期间你要怎么付房租?
Dave: I don’t have to worry about rent. I live right here.
戴夫: 我不用担心房租。我就住在这里。
Zina: What? In your cubicle?
吉娜: 什么?在你的隔间里?
Dave: Right here. Me and my PC. Home sweet home.
戴夫: 就在这。我和我的个人电脑。甜蜜的家庭。
语言详解
A: We’re launched a new website.
我们推出了一个新网站。
B: That’s great. What’s the address?
太棒了。网址是什么?
【big time 超级,非常】
big time是在口语中常常可以听到的短语,用来强调句中程度的高,意即“超级,非常”,可以当做副词用:
A:I need to go to the bathroom, big time!
我得要上厕所,超急的!
B:There’s a toilet over there. Why don’t you go?
那里就有厕所。你为什么不去?
也可以当做形容词,写做big-time:
A:She is a big-time movie producer!
她是个大牌的电影制片!
B:Really? Why haven’t I heard of her before then?
真的?那怎么我以前从没听说过她?
1) If you don’t mind my asking. 若你不介意我问起的话。这是客气的询问句。要注意的是,mind 的后面要接动名词;而若提到是谁问的,则要用所有格。
2) launch (n., v.) 事业登场,投入市场
文章来源 : 旺旺英语 //www.wwenglish.com