澳门威尼斯人赌场官网

職場大補帖

職場英語:我得要有動力

Vince: Your 3.5 percent 1) share is going to be worth at least a million.

文斯: 你那百分之三·五的股權,將會值個百萬以上。

 

Zina: I need to be 2) motivated, Vince. 3) Multi-motivated. As in multi-million.

吉娜: 我得要有動力,文斯。多重動力,多重百萬的多重。

 

Vince: What if I said no?

文斯: 要是我說不呢?

 

Zina: Ever hear of WebTracker?

吉娜: 有聽過“網路搜尋家”嗎?

 

Vince: You wouldn’t! If you leave, you’ll make nothing.

文斯: 你不會那樣吧!你若是離開,連半毛都賺不到。

 

Zina: I might make nothing even if I stay. For that kind of risk, I want to get rich.

吉娜: 我留下搞不好也賺不到半毛。 基於這種風險,我要發財。

 

Vince: OK. If you sign the Stars.com 4) account before WebTracker does, we’ll talk next week.

文斯: 好吧。若是你早“網路搜尋家”一步簽下Stars.com這個客戶,我們就等下星期再談。

 

 

語言詳解

 

A: Don’t you want to go and exercise?

你不想在運動嗎?

 

B: Yes, but I can’t seem to get motivated.

想,可是我沒有動力。

 

 

【用 as in… 做補述】

 

as in這個短語是用來補述,好讓意思能讓人更明白,常用在解釋拼字的時候:

 

A: My name is Meg.

我叫做梅格。

B: Is that M as in Mary, E as in elephant, and G as in girl?

那是Mary的m、elephant的e,girl的g嗎?

 

as in可以用來進一步解釋情況,猶如中文裏的“像……那種”:

 

A: I just ate a Chinese buffet for only 2.99 dollars.

我剛只花了2.99美元吃了份中式自助餐。

B: As in the all-you-can-eat kind? That’s so cheap!

是吃到飽的那種嗎?還真便宜!

 

你也可以用as in來提問,以確定自己沒有誤會對方的意思:

 

A: I made a million last year.

我去年賺了一百萬。

B: Is that as in dollars?

你說的一百萬是美元嗎?

 

1) share (n.) 股份

2) motivate (v.) 給予……動力

3) multi “多重的”字首

4) account (n.) 客戶,尤指生意上往來的客戶