澳门威尼斯人赌场官网

職場大補帖

職場英語:另一張綠色便條紙

Zina: Dave! Look at this!

吉娜: 戴夫!你看這個!

 

Dave: You don’t have to yell, Zina. I’m just one 1) cubicle away.

戴夫: 你不必用喊的,吉娜。我才離你一個隔間而已。

 

Zina: Somebody left another green post-it note.

吉娜: 有人留了另一張綠色便條紙。

 

Dave: Was it your “humba boy” again?

戴夫: 又是你那個“倫巴男孩”啊?

 

Zina: It says, “You look so 2) frail, / but I know you’re tough like a nail. / To me, you are more beautiful than free e-mail.”

吉娜: 上面寫著:“你看來嬌柔,但我知道你如鋼鐵般強韌。對我來說,你比免費的伊妹兒還要討人喜歡。”

 

Dave: Wow. He really likes you, doesn’t he?

戴夫: 哇,他還真喜歡你,不是嗎

語言詳解

 

A: Brian went off in class and yelled at the teacher.

布萊恩在課堂上情緒失控還對老師大喊。

 

B: That guy is totally out of control.

那傢夥真是 完全失去控制了。

 

【doesn’t he? 不是嗎?】

 

這是所謂附加疑問句,是添加在句末的問句,是為了確定自己訊息正確或為了得到對方的贊同。肯定附加疑問句希望得到否定回答,否定附加疑問句希望獲得肯定回答。

 

A: This is the book that you want,isn’t it?

這是你要的那本書,不是嗎?

B: Yes, it is.

正是。

 

A: You don’t like coffee, do you?

你不喜歡咖啡,是嗎?

B: No, I don’t.

對,我不喜歡。

 

1)cubicle (n.) (辦公室) 隔間

2) frail (a.) 柔弱的