澳门威尼斯人赌场官网

職場大補帖

職場英語:你要知道動機何在嗎?

Zina: Do you want to know what really 1) motivates Vince to be nice to me?

吉娜: 你要知道文斯對我好的動機何在嗎?

 

Dave: OK. What?

戴夫: 好啊。是什麼?

 

Zina: It isn’t 2) gratitude. It’s fear. Vince is afraid I’ll 3) jump to a 4) competitor.

吉娜: 那不是感激。是恐懼。文斯怕我會跳出去幫競爭對手。

 

Dave: You wouldn’t do that. Would you?

戴夫: 你不會這麼做,對吧?

 

Zina: I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy.

吉娜: 我或許會喔。文斯知道他得讓我保持快樂。

 

Dave: What about your 5) accounts?

戴夫: 那你的客戶呢?

 

語言詳解

 

A: Man, that guy was a really good boxer.

天啊,那傢夥真是個好拳手。

 

B: You fought a good fight. But your next competitor will be even tougher.

你打了場好拳。但是你的下個對手將會更強。

 

【nice to me 對我好】

 

nice to 後面接“人”時,表示“友善、隨和”的意思,例如:

 

Grandma was nice to me when I visited her.

我去探望祖母時她對我很友善。

We should all be nice to the new-comer.

我們應該對那位新來的人客氣些。

 

【I might. 我可能會】

 

在英文中談論”可能”的情態助動詞(modals)有好幾個,包括might, could, may, must。大致上,might表示的”可能”是最低,而must最高。

Tina might be sick.(少於50%可能)

Tina could be sick.(約50%可能)

Tina may be sick. (約50%可能)

Tina must be sick. (約90%可能)

 

1) motivate (v.) 給……動機

2) gratitude (n.) 感激

3) jump to… 換(公司),尤指違反合約的情況。

4) competitor (n.)競爭者

5) account (n.) 客戶,尤指生意上往來的客戶。