澳门威尼斯人赌场官网

英語學習

逛紐約,學英語(20)

紐約地鐵車箱裡,很感性的一幅招生廣告。



“I’m going to be just like you mom.”

媽媽,我要像您一樣!

“No baby, you’re going to be better.”

不,孩子,你要(比我)更好。

At Interboro, we understand there are many reasons why some students may not complete their high school studies.

在英特波羅學校,我們了解到有許多原因,為什麼某些學生不能完成他們的高中學業。

Call our admissions associates today to discuss how you can earn your GED* while studing full-time for your associates degrees.

今天就打電話給我們的入學同仁,討論一下你如何能全職讀書以獲得工作文憑,又可以賺取你的GED*(來電才知道縮寫的意義)。

A career can change your life. Call Interboro today!

一項職業生涯可以改變你的人生。今天就打電話到英特波羅。

紐約地鐵車箱裡,一張成功地運用文字,引導人們產生視覺化的招生廣告。



When I close my eyes, I see paradise.

當我閉起眼睛時,我看到天堂。

A sun drenched vista, a warmed sea breeze ushering me along a sandy shore.

陽光浸潤著遠景,暖和的海邊微風引領我沿著沙灘(漫步)。

這是文學式的寫景,描述陽光滲落在海天一色的白雲上。

vista的意思是A mental view of a series of remembered or anticipated events.在內心展望景之意。

drenched是drench的過去分詞當描述性形容詞,To drench means to wet thoroughly; soak. 意思是浸透、濕透之意。

To usher means to escort or accompany. 伴隨、引領。

I choose to feel the sand beneath my feet, to watch the sun set and know when it rises I have a plan.

我選擇去感覺在我腳下的沙子,看日落,並且知道當它升起時,我有個計劃。

I want 2006 to be the year I look at life as an opportunity not an obstacle.

我想要2006年是這樣的一年:我看人生是機會,而不是障礙。

This year, I’m going to start my journey toward a career.

今年,我將要開始我朝向職業生涯的旅程。

And when I get there, I will see paradise with my eyes open.

並且當我達到時,我將是睜著眼睛地看到天堂。

Your New Year’s Resolution can change your life. Call Interboro today!

你新年的決定,可能改變你的人生。今天就打電話到英特波羅!

* * * *

這是一段很“迷人”的廣告文字,透過短短幾句視覺化的文字描述,讓紐約地鐵車箱裡的乘客,腦海裡浮現著陽光、海風、沙灘的度假美景。也許現在是“閉著眼”在想像海邊的天堂,但透過在英特波羅學校的訓練,未來將會“睜著眼睛”看到天堂夢想的實踐。所謂“有夢最美,築夢踏實”!

多棒、多成功的一段廣告文字,從事行銷的讀者們真可以好好學學!@*



(//www.dajiyuan.com)